Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Planting MyLand: Consider Lot Size


Is a plant that pays $2,000 every 10 hours better or worse than a plant that pays $10,000 every 12 hours?  The answer is:  it depends.   Why isn't as simple as "bigger is better?"  It's because plants and buildings are different sizes.  There are a limited number of spots where you can plant things;  I call them lots.  The things you can build in MyLand come in four different sizes:

1:  the smallest plants require only one lot.  Therefore can grow many of them.
4:  the next smallest require four lots, in a diamond shape.
7:  the larger plants take up seven lots, a hexagon around a center lot.
19:  the two largest things you can build (acropolis and fairy forest) require 19 lots.

So... given limited land... a 1-lot plant that pays $2,000 every 10 hours is much better than a 19-lot plant that pays $10,000 every 12 hours, because you can put 19 1-lot plants on the same land.

3 comments:

  1. I have really been wondering a lot about this. I was hoping someone could create a spreadsheet listing the amount of space each item takes up. It would be great to have a master list...Like, listing the amount of space, money earned, energy needed, etc...just about everything you'd need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't matter to my that much. I want to buy what I like (love pink) and I kind of want one of everything. But that is really good info! No wonder I had to sell a bunch of stuff back to the bank to build my acropolis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did anyone happen to notice that on Striiv's website under MyLand Bank it is different than what we actually have our ours? For example... Striiv's website shows 10,000 energy = 12,500 coins. On ours it's A LOT less... 10,000 energy = 550 coins!

    ReplyDelete