Saturday, July 21, 2012

Striiv: Creating an Island of Animals

Thanks to the readers who commented on my post about keeping animals.  I have verified the following:
  • Animals that appear when you finish a plant or fixture will disappear if you sell that plant or fixture (with the exception of the large green dragon)
  • Animals that are rewards in Myland scroll challenges remain even if you sell the corresponding plant or fixture
  • Animals that are rewards from mystery boxes always remain
So if you wanted to have a land of just animals, here's what you do:
  1. Buy Turtle Island
  2. When you are about to open a mystery box, travel over to Turtle Island first, then open the box.  This way the animals remain over there.
  3. For more animals, spin a Myland challenge that produces an animal, like a tiger orchid, fire maple, or grandfather trees.  When you complete the challenge, and the animal is released, you can sell the plant if you like.
It would be interesting to see how many animals the island can handle!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for creating this blog.

    Can I plant 2 Grandmother Trees, and/or 2 Fairy Trees, and/or 1 Acroplois of Heroes on mainland, or highlands, or lowlands to unlock all/part of lands on Turtle Island?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that works. I have grown 1 Grandmother tree on mainland and 1 on Turtle island, it unlocked the right side land on Turtle island. I then sold 2 Fountains of Youth and 2 Greek Pathenons, and grew 2 Fairy Trees and Acropolis of Heroes. This would save me land on Turtle island to grow ALL Bougainvillea.

      Delete
  2. How do you stay motivated to grow the big items (fairy trees, acropolis, etc) when you have to save so many days worth of energy? I can't seem to go one day without growing something (like a small plant), simply because I want to get rid of those lightning bolt bubbles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you just started. When you run out of land to grow something, then the energy will be accumated. And in order to unlock some land, for example, Turtle Cove, you must build 1 Acropolis of Heroes which costs 25M coins and 850K x 3 engergy to build it.

      Delete
  3. Decided, just for the fun of it, to buy a bronze box today. YIKES! Didn't have my glasses on, but I could see enough to read that all my animals ahd been kidnapped and wouldn't be released until I earned 10,000 bolts! Well, I did a couple of challenges and races and now I have them all back, but I'd sure love to know what sort of other things are lurking in the treasure chests! Think I've seen everything in the silver chest...........
    Know what all the various animals are that one can get, but some of the contents of the bronze and gold boxes elude me.
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the videos about playing My Land. Both videos gave warnings that you didn't know what was in those chests. The videos stated that sometimes something unexpected and bad could and would be released. I had been playing My Land for a few weeks. I am compulsive in games when buying and exploring the unknown is needed. I had nothing bad happen. Then after watching the videos disaster hit. I had a cyclopes steal all my animal and I had to rescue them. I thought that was a fluke. Then I opened a chest and released something tha6 threatened to blow all my coins away. I had to get energy points to stop that from happening. Not learning my lesson, I opened a chest this morning and got Banker's Holiday. Yup, bank was closed and all my coins were frozen due to the Bank being closed. Am I still going to open the chests? Yup! I have had my Striiv just over a month. I went from zero steps walked daily to 8000+ steps daily. I haven't lost much weight but my BMI has dropped 1.5. I hope my Striiv continues to get me off the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought turtle island but I don't know how to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoom out until you see an arrow in the lower right corner of the screen

    ReplyDelete