Sunday, July 8, 2012

Striiv: Is it possible to earn a million energy in one workout?

In Striiv 1.0, before there were races, it was nearly impossible to earn more than 200,000 energy in a day.  Now that Walkatron is around, it is much easier to earn energy.

To see how much bonus energy you have earned in a day, go to the Trophies page and look at the top of the screen.  It might say something like "297k in bonuses."  The creators of Striiv have capped daily bonuses at a million, presumably to prevent cheaters from, well from cheating.

Today I found a nice big, steep hill that was more than 300 equivalent stairs.  I spun for one of my favorite challenges, like Do 15 minutes in 25 or Run 250 steps in 20.  Then I selected the Walkatron Tower race and ran up the hill.  I earned close to 100,000 energy with the time bonus.  I selected the Downtown race and jogged back down the hill.  That cycle took about 6 minutes.  I did 8 of those cycles, and with all the challenges I completed, I hit the 1,000,000 energy.

At that point you may not realize that you are no longer earning bonus energy.  You still earn the standard energy points for steps, running, and stairs, but no more donations and no more bonus energy.  Unfortunately challenges will still pop up, and you can still do races, but the energy does not accumulate.  Hopefully in a future release Striiv will at least give you a warning.

1 comment:

  1. just got a striiv this week- and this post makes me chirp with glee.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete